Just back from an amazing weekend in blueskies at butlins in minehead even though the resort was not open to guests it was a great opportunity to visit and find out what kind of things are on offer for the 2010 season obviously one of the main questions that was raised was that of the whereabouts of crackerjacks well i am afraid to say crackerjacks is no more the building has been completely demolished and the area from the hire centre right over to the fruit mine outdoor play area is completely fenced off and it is also fenced off around the driving school and the sun and moon down the bottom end all of the surrounding fences from the sun and moon play area and the adventure golf and also the driving school have all been removed and are in the process of being replaced. The sun and moon beer garden is in the process of being extended with a new patio area being built onto the right hand side. The gold accomodation situated in plantation key are having some apartments upgraded to house 4 bedroom accomodation which will also have 3 shower rooms and also i was quite surprised to see that the londis supermarket in the boardwalk has now been rebranded as Spar. Centre stage is also in the process of undergoing a second phase of refurbishments there was aload of stuff being chucked out into 2 big skips which were outside the fire exits by blueskies.

Im sure you will agree butlins minehead are definatly spending alot of money in making sure the resort is as good as it can be if i can put some pics on here to show the changes i will try my best