Thread: People who moans about the cost of drinks in the bars should go to Dublin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Craigavo89 Guest

Default People who moans about the cost of drinks in the bars should go to Dublin

I went to Dublin this weekend and for a double of southern comforts and lemonade was 12 normally at butlins it about 5

Kath Guest

But all three Butlins camps aren't in Ireland - they're in England!
    Ireland is really expensive for food & drink! (I have family over there so we regularly travel through Dublin!).

So, I do understand what you're trying to say - but comparing one expensive bar with another doesn't really make any difference!

At Butlins I do feel 4.05 for a bottle of VK really is excessive. Surely around 3 would be far more fair? VK is 1.85 at Wetherspoons and, whilst I don't expect Butlins to charge Wetherspoon prices (not many places will!) I would like to see drinks prices a little more in line with normal city centre prices!

Sammye99 ordered a large coke with double vodka in it at Minehead last summer and it cost 7.50!! What's that all about?? I appreciate Butlins want to make a bit of profit on the drinks etc but come on!! Be fair!!

wizedy Guest

And on adult breaks the prices go up

Craigavo89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wizedy View Post
    I went on the Bootleg ball weekend and its was around 5 for a double of southern comforts

Kath Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wizedy View Post
    On memory, I *think* it was 4.15 for a VK on the adult breaks - so not too big a rise but I know what you mean!

Craigavo89 Guest

Went to my best mate wedding yesterday and for a double Southern Comforts and lemonade 7:20
    Double Pimms and lemonade 8:20
    and a Koenigsberg 5

So Butlins is cheaper then this

Craigavo89 Guest

this was in Merseyside where I live btw

Kath Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Craigavo89 View Post
    Went to my best mate wedding yesterday and for a double Southern Comforts and lemonade 7:20
    Double Pimms and lemonade 8:20
    and a Koenigsberg 5

So Butlins is cheaper then this
    But that's not saying Butlins is cheap - those prices are crazy!!! Yikes! Double Pimms and Lemonade 8.20?!

Craigavo89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    But all three Butlins camps aren't in Ireland - they're in England!
    Ireland is really expensive for food & drink! (I have family over there so we regularly travel through Dublin!).

So, I do understand what you're trying to say - but comparing one expensive bar with another doesn't really make any difference!

At Butlins I do feel 4.05 for a bottle of VK really is excessive. Surely around 3 would be far more fair? VK is 1.85 at Wetherspoons and, whilst I don't expect Butlins to charge Wetherspoon prices (not many places will!) I would like to see drinks prices a little more in line with normal city centre prices!

Sammye99 ordered a large coke with double vodka in it at Minehead last summer and it cost 7.50!! What's that all about?? I appreciate Butlins want to make a bit of profit on the drinks etc but come on!! Be fair!!
    Yeah I do agree that the VK are not good value for money and I had never paid 7.50 for a drink at Butlins.
    I don't mind paying 5/ 6 for a double southern comforts with lemonade as I go to the clubs in different cities and sometime need to pay that much in the clubs.