Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butlins website glitches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newboy Guest

Default Butlins website glitches

Hi guys
    I think there may be lots of website glitches on the Butlins website .
    The one that winds me up is the " guaranteed ground floor for 15 extra ",
    . It's fine to have the option but why on earth would they leave the option on when booking Deluxe with patio , Gold with patio or Silver Bungalow ?
    Obviously I never pay the extra 15 as you don't need to be a genius to work out that the accommodation will be on the ground floor but just seems a bit cheeky to leave it on at all !

Pushbutton Guest

Some guests love paying extra though, so this gives them the option of adding on a guaranteed ground floor to their booking. It won't change anything about the actual accommodation they get, but it will make them feel better for having paid more.

levi Guest

I always ask for top floor as the few times we've been on the bottom floor I swear the cast of riverdance have been upstairs practising...

BuhSnarf Guest

We paid a few years back when our youngest was 1 as we didn't fancy climbing up three floors each night with buggy and everything. Now she's able to climb upstairs on her own we don't care where we are. For 15 it's worth it when you have a baby.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Newboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BuhSnarf View Post
    We paid a few years back when our youngest was 1 as we didn't fancy climbing up three floors each night with buggy and everything. Now she's able to climb upstairs on her own we don't care where we are. For 15 it's worth it when you have a baby.

Absolutely , it's a great idea . I like the fact Butlins give you the option and 15 isn't unreasonable to make sure you get a ground floor in the 3 storey high gold self catering .
    What I object to is the fact that when you select a ground floor only room and they still ask you to pay a further 15 if you want to guarantee ground floor ?

" thanks for choosing this ground floor Deluxe apartment that cannot be anything other than ground floor because it has a PATIO !"

" now would you like to guarantee your ground floor Deluxe with patio to be a ground floor room even though by definition it cannot be anything else! )

Sure most people would not click the box when booking deluxe but it must happen every now and again and Iam sure unless you notice and ask for a refund then it would just be more free money for Butlins .
    Not bad if even 1000 people a year don't notice , that's how to make money for nothing !

BuhSnarf Guest

Haha.. I would hope they refund if you pay extra for ground floor on a cabin/deluxe/normal chalet!

Newboy Guest

Or they could actually do some work on the website and remove the option when booking those accommodations where ground floor is default .It just looks unprofessional to leave the option there .

BuhSnarf Guest

Indeed.

Pushbutton Guest

This thread should perhaps be merged with this one: http://www.butlins-memories.com/foru...utlins-website

Newboy Guest

Yes Pushbutton I agree the two threads could do with a merge and Iam sorry for not just adding to the existing thread rather than start a new one . That's my mistake .

I had an email from Butlins today telling me all about the fabulous dining packages they have available .
    The summary of our holiday was as follows

Minehead

Accommodation: Room Plus

Dining package: Room Only

Arrival date: 17 February 2014

Days to go: 25

Interesting as I have payed for premium dining but the details Buttlins sent say otherwise !
    A quick phonecall and I am asked
    "Have you booked a room with us "

Me " erm yes I would need a room if Iam staying with you "

"Sorry sir have you booked a room rather than an apartment "

Me "sorry yes silver suite "

" ah ok that's why , we know about the problem and I can see you have booked the dining package "

Me " fantastic !"

Not a glitch on the website as such but just very annoying !

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newboy For This Useful Post: