Thread: WARNERS HOLIDAYS AT WOODSIDE IN WOOTTON ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT

BEN Guest

Default WARNERS HOLIDAYS AT WOODSIDE IN WOOTTON ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT

HELLO EVERYBODY, I AM A GRAPHIC DESIGN STUDENT IN MY FINAL YEAR AT SOUTHAMPTON INSTITUTE CURRENTLY STUDYING FOR MY FINAL MAJOR PROJECT. MY PROJECT IS ON THE OLD, NOW DERILICT WARNERS HOLIDAY SITE AT WOOTTON ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION NO MATTER HOW SMALL ON THIS OLD CAMP SITE I WOULD BE MORE THAN GREATFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY, BEN.

Kerry Guest

i just got back form the IoW but was no where near this place

iowg2006 Guest

Default re woodside holiday village

hi ben, if you type in woodside hoiday vilage in the list find something k warning, there are loads of photos of the place. dunno how old your thread is, didnt look at the date lol

tim Guest

Red face Wotton

Ben from Southampton.You will be well interested in this.Go to Channel 4 website and see if you can get the WAKEY WAKEY website.If so go to the bottom of it and you will see PONTINS go on this and there is a website of fotos taken after it caught fire.I went there once and to see it like that it makes you want to weep.Good luck,let usknow how you got on.

tim Guest

Wink wooton re BEN

Last postig i got it wrong go to the Butlins memories site scroll to bottom Click WARNERS and you will see a lot about wooton

festive50 Guest

Smile

I was there the year it opened. In fact the week we were there was the official opening.
    There was a big party where the 3 Warner Brothers landed in a helicopter on the playing field next to the outdoor swimming pool.
    The private party was in the downstairs "disco bar". I don't know how, but myself and a friend sneaked in and hid under some tables and helped ourselves to some of the buffet.
    Talking of the disco bar, the actual room was open all day and there was a juke box.
    I still remember some of the records on the juke box.
    Do you want to know a secret - Bill J. Kramer and the Dakotas
    From me to you - The Beatles
    I Like it - Gerry and the Pacemakers
    Deck of Cards - Wink Martindale
    Plus a song by Brian Hyland.
    So most likely 1963.
    The Juke Box developed a stickey refund lever. So my friend and I used to push it down and block up the refund chute. Didn't make much money but we got a few free records.
    Phil

gazza72 Guest

Its currently being demolished. Half of its already gone apparently.