Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butlins Nightmares

Skegness_is_so_bracing! Guest

Default Butlins Nightmares

has anybody ever had a nightmare about butlins, i just realised how spooky it would be to walk around on of the remaining camps at night with no one in them.

cutipie_jessiemay Guest

i do it regulally when the camp is on shutdown n yes it is quite spooky..the skyline is the worst with amusement sounds xx

Pushbutton Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cutipie_jessiemay View Post
    i do it regulally when the camp is on shutdown n yes it is quite spooky..the skyline is the worst with amusement sounds xx
    You mean they leave the amusement machines on even when it's closed?

that is seriously creepy

wiganseventyfour Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cutipie_jessiemay View Post
    why do they leave the them on is that a waste electricity ???

cutipie_jessiemay Guest

ooo no i ment without the sounds...silly me lol.. it soo quiet x

Pushbutton Guest

I see. I thought it would be rather stupid to leave them on!

tabby Guest

the only nightmare about butlins was that it had burnt down and like everyone died, oh and a few seperate ones where various redcoats who i thought were cool died....
    but if i look at my butlins stuff before i go to bed or come on here just before bed and make sure i think about nothing else before i sleep i have dreams about butlins....i have lots of dream about butlins
    xx

On Monday Morning thats just gone, I couldnt sleep so decided to go for a wonder around the camp (Skegness). It was around 6.00 in the morning and there was noone around. I mean noone, not even a cleaner or anything. This felt scary. So i was walking around, and I came to the skyline doors, and entered. It was dead except for the amusemements, so I walked through and out of the other side. And I took a walk over to the outdoor pool gate and stared in; It was calm, relaxing. crash. I turned, and there was noone there, did I hear a noise? I did! so I started moving, and moved along the first row of staff chalets, until I got to the middle where there is a walkway, I looked along to see a person standing at the other end - I was tired, I blinked and they where gone, but they didnt look right, they where wearing old clothes. He looked sad, I looked again, but he was gone. There was noone around. The last thing I remember was passing the hire shop after id ran back to the near where we were staying, I woke up in bed an hour later. It was a dream. Was it? I was still wearing my clothes... and I hadnt changed. Id bought a hat the day before, at Fantasy Island, and I was wearing it in the dream. It was gone when I woke up. After breakfast we all went back to the chalet to get ready to go home, so I went for a walk. I knew where my hat was. It wasnt a dream. So who was the man? a ghost? Billy Butlin himself?

Pushbutton Guest

Hmmm. Who knows?

I don't know, but if you look at the Butlin's ghosts thread you'll see a few stories there, including one about something I experienced myself earlier this year at Minehead, which was quite similar to what you described (except I had no doubt at all about the fact I was awake at the time as it happened in the middle of the day).