Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butlins Nightmares

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Butlins Nightmares

has anybody ever had a nightmare about butlins, i just realised how spooky it would be to walk around on of the remaining camps at night with no one in them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i do it regulally when the camp is on shutdown n yes it is quite spooky..the skyline is the worst with amusement sounds xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cutipie_jessiemay View Post
    i do it regulally when the camp is on shutdown n yes it is quite spooky..the skyline is the worst with amusement sounds xx
    You mean they leave the amusement machines on even when it's closed?
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

that is seriously creepy

wigan which is between Manchester and liverpool
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cutipie_jessiemay View Post
    why do they leave the them on is that a waste electricity ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ooo no i ment without the sounds...silly me lol.. it soo quiet x

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I see. I thought it would be rather stupid to leave them on!
    So what've you got?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the only nightmare about butlins was that it had burnt down and like everyone died, oh and a few seperate ones where various redcoats who i thought were cool died....
    but if i look at my butlins stuff before i go to bed or come on here just before bed and make sure i think about nothing else before i sleep i have dreams about butlins....i have lots of dream about butlins
    xx
    butlins bognor...redcoat hannah (in my dp) may have forgotten how to juggle, but it's ok cos we've taught her spanish now! miss all the bognor redcoats, hopefully back soon xx Janine may no longer be a redcoat but il never forget her!! xx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On Monday Morning thats just gone, I couldnt sleep so decided to go for a wonder around the camp (Skegness). It was around 6.00 in the morning and there was noone around. I mean noone, not even a cleaner or anything. This felt scary. So i was walking around, and I came to the skyline doors, and entered. It was dead except for the amusemements, so I walked through and out of the other side. And I took a walk over to the outdoor pool gate and stared in; It was calm, relaxing. crash. I turned, and there was noone there, did I hear a noise? I did! so I started moving, and moved along the first row of staff chalets, until I got to the middle where there is a walkway, I looked along to see a person standing at the other end - I was tired, I blinked and they where gone, but they didnt look right, they where wearing old clothes. He looked sad, I looked again, but he was gone. There was noone around. The last thing I remember was passing the hire shop after id ran back to the near where we were staying, I woke up in bed an hour later. It was a dream. Was it? I was still wearing my clothes... and I hadnt changed. Id bought a hat the day before, at Fantasy Island, and I was wearing it in the dream. It was gone when I woke up. After breakfast we all went back to the chalet to get ready to go home, so I went for a walk. I knew where my hat was. It wasnt a dream. So who was the man? a ghost? Billy Butlin himself?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hmmm. Who knows?

I don't know, but if you look at the Butlin's ghosts thread you'll see a few stories there, including one about something I experienced myself earlier this year at Minehead, which was quite similar to what you described (except I had no doubt at all about the fact I was awake at the time as it happened in the middle of the day).
    So what've you got?