Thread: Strange Happings in 20 Angel Fish Court Skegness 29th December 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Strange Happings in 20 Angel Fish Court Skegness 29th December 2011

I have had what I can describe as a weird experience on my last night at Butlins:

The Story:

I spent the last night packing the stuff ready to go home (didn't start until 1am). I remember going to bed just before 2am and difted off to sleep, I remember being woke up by some noise and I looked at my youngest daughter (who I shared the bed with) and I saw something move near her face (it looked like a blackish shadow shape), I thought I was dreamt it and went back to sleep. I got woken again by some more loud noise ( I am slightly deaf and wear a hearing aid - once I take that off I cannot hear much), I looked across to the dresser and the door that leads to the other chalet (I was silver half board) and I saw something blackish greyish moving in that area. I turned the light on and saw nothing, switched the light back on and went back to sleep, I go woken up again by the noise, switched the light on and saw nothing, switched the light off again and tried to get back to sleep, got woken up again by the noise and saw a light pattern on the wall oposite the bed near the mirror - switched the light back on again and left it on and treid to go back to sleep - hard with the light on but didn't want to switch it off again lol. Didn't get woken up anymore by any noise.

The next morning I pin pointed the noise - it sounded like the cups and spoons that were on the tray on the dresser being rattled.

I was glad that it was my last night and if I was staying longer I would have asked to be moved lol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Sounds like one that should be added to the ghosts thread Marie.

I had my own strange experience at Minehead this year as you'll no doubt see on the ghosts thread. Mine wasn't in the slightest bit scary, but it sounds like yours almost certainly was!

I guess nobody wants to leave Butlin's, even if they're dead!
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pushbutton View Post
    Sounds like one that should be added to the ghosts thread Marie.

I had my own strange experience at Minehead this year as you'll no doubt see on the ghosts thread. Mine wasn't in the slightest bit scary, but it sounds like yours almost certainly was!

I guess nobody wants to leave Butlin's, even if they're dead!
    Whereabouts was your experience Push?
    If I wanted a hotel I would stay somewhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2003 View Post
    I have had what I can describe as a weird experience on my last night at Butlins:

The Story:

I spent the last night packing the stuff ready to go home (didn't start until 1am). I remember going to bed just before 2am and difted off to sleep, I remember being woke up by some noise and I looked at my youngest daughter (who I shared the bed with) and I saw something move near her face (it looked like a blackish shadow shape), I thought I was dreamt it and went back to sleep. I got woken again by some more loud noise ( I am slightly deaf and wear a hearing aid - once I take that off I cannot hear much), I looked across to the dresser and the door that leads to the other chalet (I was silver half board) and I saw something blackish greyish moving in that area. I turned the light on and saw nothing, switched the light back on and went back to sleep, I go woken up again by the noise, switched the light on and saw nothing, switched the light off again and tried to get back to sleep, got woken up again by the noise and saw a light pattern on the wall oposite the bed near the mirror - switched the light back on again and left it on and treid to go back to sleep - hard with the light on but didn't want to switch it off again lol. Didn't get woken up anymore by any noise.

The next morning I pin pointed the noise - it sounded like the cups and spoons that were on the tray on the dresser being rattled.

I was glad that it was my last night and if I was staying longer I would have asked to be moved lol.

ohh i got shivers just reading that

If Butlins police happen to read this pleas note that the opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daisymoo View Post
    Whereabouts was your experience Push?
    Upstairs in the Princes Building, Minehead.
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I totally believe you about the princess ballroom being haunted. When centre stage is closed its deathly silent in there. Its also cold at times. A cubicle in the ladies I never liked cleaning. I used to do it as quick as possible. The rest were ok only that one cubicle I felt uncomfortable bordering on scared cleaning that alone.