Thread: Q: Push Button Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Q: Push Button Click

We rotated camps each year mainly throughout the 80s, so we saw the Push Button Click shows at Filey 82, then Skeggy 83 then Barry Island. I remember that the shows were exactly the same between 82-83, but just guessed (wrongly?) that they had come to Skeggy the year after.

But did they show the exact same shows each and every year during the Push Button Click run? Does anybody know?

And how long did PBC run for at Butlins? I am guessing 1982-86? That is a good long run compared with the Peanut Street Gang and Funnybone Gang (which was on for one year). And another question - how long did The Kids from Whizzy World go on for?

And finally... I used to still like PBC by the age of 10/11/12. Do you think that the modern equivalent, The Skyline Gang, is aimed for a much more younger audience, as is typical of Butlins focus these days, or is it just me?

KAF
    Last edited by KAF2; 29-01-12 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAF2 View Post
    We rotated camps each year mainly throughout the 80s, so we saw the Push Button Click shows at Filey 82, then Skeggy 83 then Barry Island. I remember that the shows were exactly the same between 82-83, but just guessed (wrongly?) that they had come to Skeggy the year after.

But did they show the exact same shows each and every year during the Push Button Click run? Does anybody know?

And how long did PBC run for at Butlins? I am guessing 1982-86? That is a good long run compared with the Peanut Street Gang and Funnybone Gang (which was on for one year). And another question - how long did The Kids from Whizzy World go on for?

And finally... I used to still like PBC by the age of 10/11/12. Do you think that the modern equivalent, The Skyline Gang, is aimed for a much more younger audience, as is typical of Butlins focus these days, or is it just me?

KAF
    Not sure about the other questions but I think the Skyline Gang is aimed at younger people. I'm sure many on here won't agree but with the exception of Butlins nutters older kids aren't generally interested.
    Ive seen 10/11 year old kids telling their parents they're off to the arcades cos they dont want to watch the stupid babyish Skyline gang.
    As I said a lot of people wont agree cos they love anything Butlins & they know the characters but if you really sit & listen it is incredibly childish.
    It's not as bad as things like Bob & Pingu which really are aimed at pre-school kids but Skyline Gang is definitely for primary school kids.
    R.I.P Uncle Andy....King of Redcoats <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sammye99 View Post
    Not sure about the other questions but I think the Skyline Gang is aimed at younger people. I'm sure many on here won't agree but with the exception of Butlins nutters older kids aren't generally interested.
    Ive seen 10/11 year old kids telling their parents they're off to the arcades cos they dont want to watch the stupid babyish Skyline gang.
    As I said a lot of people wont agree cos they love anything Butlins & they know the characters but if you really sit & listen it is incredibly childish.
    It's not as bad as things like Bob & Pingu which really are aimed at pre-school kids but Skyline Gang is definitely for primary school kids.
    Agree Sammy, my twins who are 5 are skyline daft, but robbie who is 10 thinks they are to babyish, and like you say will go a wander around the arcade when they are on if there is no other activity going on for him at that point, hence why i usually buy him the action leisure passes

If Butlins police happen to read this pleas note that the opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

I'm a bit surprised to hear that, because I still loved the Push Button Click when I was 10, and I thought the Skyline Gang was a very similar concept so would probably appeal to the same age range.
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Exciting Push Button Click news coming soon!
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 42, and I still love the Push Button Click!

And there is indeed some exciting news coming imminently if you love photographs and off-stage recordings...
    Writer and producer of "Remembering the Push Button Click" on the Bandcamp site.

Author of "The Feeling's Unmutual", the "Anne Droyd" series of adventures for children, and the teen novel "The Blueprint".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Loved the Funnybone Gang got their autographs on the 1982 programme, went to Clacton in 1983 but cant remember what the kids group was there.