Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hafan y Mor pics

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sammye99 View Post
    Probably a sub station because they still have original wooden chalets used as sub stations on red camp at Hafan Y Mor
    Wooden chalets? I don't remember ever hearing of any Butlin's ever having wooden chalets originally so this has really got me interested. I always thought all the chalets at Pwllheli were originally more or less like those at all the other camps. Do you have a photo of one of these so I can see what they look like please?
    Remember yesterday. Enjoy today. Contribute to tomorrow.
    Most important: ENJOY TODAY. It's all you ever really have!

Opinions herein are my own and not necessarily those of Butlin's, Bourne Leisure, or Butlinsmemories.com

Thanks

This is one of the sub stations on red camp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20111019-00088.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	499.6 KB 
ID:	16498  
    R.I.P Uncle Andy....King of Redcoats <3

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sammye99 View Post
    This is one of the sub stations on red camp
    Wow! How bizarre! Sad in a way, but at the same time nice to see that at least some bits of the old camp have survived.

I am pretty sure this is part of an original chalet, not a wooden one. The wooden cladding on the top part of the walls was added in the holiday worlds era, and was probably intended to improve the look of the chalets (although in my opinion it did the opposite). There are some lines at Minehead with that cladding added too.
    Last edited by Pushbutton; 24-03-12 at 10:12 AM.

Opinions herein are my own and not necessarily those of Butlin's, Bourne Leisure, or Butlinsmemories.com

Thanks

Default Chalets

The wood on them are just facias.They were added when the chalets were upgraded in the 90,s.

Thanks

Default Chalets

The wood on them are just fascias.They were added when the chalets were upgraded in the 90,s.

Thanks

Well i have finally ventured online to see the pictures that i was putting off seeing, and it is heartbreaking to see this park changing so much. I have been going to hafan y mor for years and the changes that have happened in my opinion just get worse and the management should really think about the holidaymakers who have been going to hafan y mor and think why do they come? Hafan y mor for me offered brilliant variety, accomodation in caravans, lodges, chalets, apartments or touring with half board and self catering on a brilliant park in a fantastic location (the best park of them all). Three entertainment venues across two sides of the park (ok the bonga wonga isnt open all the time and does kind of need gutting and starting over) three beaches to go too..... i could go on. Instead of spending the 'masterplan' money on demolition of all these chalets and buildings, refurbishment maybe should have been the way to go? quote from the hafan y mor website "Chalets at Hafan y Môr - Our Chalets accommodation REMAINS HIGHLY POPULAR, especially with large and extended families. Spacious 2 and 3 bedroom Self-Catering Chalets are a choice ideal for families who prefer a more home-style layout. Most are on one level, but some have stairs to bedrooms on an upper level." ...... so the wise mans idea is to demolish them and have yet more caravans put in there place... yawn... so whats next on the 'masterplan, the demolition of llyn village, they might aswell go and demolish every single building, showbar, splashzone and put some nice concrete pitches down for those lovely vans. Just to point out its not like i dont like caravans i have stayed in them at many haven sites and at hafan y mor and do enjoy them its just that the history of this park was built on chalets and then the caravans came in and fair enough, if theres a nice balance it offers good variety. At the end of the day why fix something that isnt broke, the park is losing its character and with there being a huge amount of history on this park from the great butlins days bourne and haven seem to enjoy destroying whats left of it. i wonder what Sir Billy would think about all this. It is very much the beginning of the end, of an era and what made this park great and loved by so may is dissapearing and i expect the 'valued' customers will dissapear too.

Its such a shame to see it going down this path but theres not a lot we can do and i hope that many of you agree with me. I stayed at hafan y mor last may in a half board chalet and it was great now all i need to decide is whether to return or not.

It may just be that my pwllheli dream has come to an end..........

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I remember when it offered everything you mentioned plus a spectacular free chairlift ride, a big free funfair, the boating lake was free, crazy golf was free, there were redcoats everywhere in the camp including the dining halls, there was a miniature railway (free of course), 2 large theatres (free), free rollerskating, free horse riding, and the list went on.

All it is now is a boring caravan park. Not exactly a big improvement!

Thanks

this time last year i was there and the year before but i cancelled this year as its no longer the place i love. too many changes and it doesnt offer much for teenagers and im affraid my kids would get bored. the entertainment of a night was crap last year and now half board has gone and my beloved blue camp i would be upset and unhappy spending a week there. bourne have ruiend a nice camp and i would suspect alot of people feel the same as i do know others that cancelled holidays this march to go else were.
    june 20th hsp skegness
    june 27th for 1 week gold apartments Skegness family holiday
    nov 70s Skegness
    feb 80s

yay lovin the adult breaks

Thanks

Friends of the family have just got back from there. They said that they seem to have lost many customers of the older age group. All vans now. They tried it, because they have been going for years, but for the first time they haven't rebooked.

Kaf

Thanks

Default chalets

Found out they were left up because there were bats inside there.