Thread: Skegness 1971

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Skegness 1971

Would be nice to hear from folk who worked that Summer season, especially the Photo staff. Mags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Mags, my name is Tony and I was a Lifeguard/Redcoat at Skegness in 1971,I was quite pally with a photographer called Alan and we used to have a few beers together as we both had the same day off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Are there no BM readers out there who remember the 70's at Skeg and who could reply to Mags or post a comment? I could start off by mentioning the temperature of the water both North and South Pools and the Captain Blood event, someone must remember both these things? Or perhaps not?? Regards to all my old pals if you are reading this.

Tony Jones 1970/1974 Skeg Lifeguard/ Redcoat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HI There,

I was a Red at Skeggy and 1971 I worked for Alan Ridgeway.We must have crossed paths at some stage. hope you re keeping well!! Regards Phil Davies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Phil
    Yes our paths did cross!I remember you in red and whites and as an AEM! Hope you are keeping well and look forward to hearing from you again.
    Sorry for delay in replying but my computer skills are not all they could be an I have been without a cursed machine for quite some time
    Regards Tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lifeboat1 View Post
    Hi Phil
    Yes our paths did cross!I remember you in red and whites and as an AEM! Hope you are keeping well and look forward to hearing from you again.
    Sorry for delay in replying but my computer skills are not all they could be an I have been without a cursed machine for quite some time
    Regards Tony
    Hi Phil
    You about? It would be great to hear from you
    Regards Tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Tony,

Hi mate, Glad to see you rememember me!! It was a fantastic season in 1971. I worked for Alan Ridgeway as AEM that year.What times we had.In fact I'm off to Scarborough in October to catch up with a few friends,including Bobby St John. He used to work the Queens Club. He was a terrific singer,and host,and we shall catch up on old times after 40 plus years. What are you up to these days?? Hear
    Soon. Phil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Great to hear from you Phil

Quote Originally Posted by phil davies View Post
    Hello Tony,

Hi mate, Glad to see you rememember me!! It was a fantastic season in 1971. I worked for Alan Ridgeway as AEM that year.What times we had.In fact I'm off to Scarborough in October to catch up with a few friends,including Bobby St John. He used to work the Queens Club. He was a terrific singer,and host,and we shall catch up on old times after 40 plus years. What are you up to these days?? Hear
    Soon. Phil
    Hi Phil
    Of course I remember you! also Alan Ridgeway,what a great team you made! also BSJ as well,I can still hear him singing "love is all" in the Queens club bar as part of the midnight cabaret entertainment.
    Been retired three years now but most of my life in sport and recreation management within the local authority and some consultancy work to put the cream on the cookie.
    Do you know who from our era may be going to Scarborough? there would be quite a few I would really like to see again and have a few drinks with,and one or two I did not care for to much!

Anyway Phil I hope this message finds you well and if you find time please send the reunion details about Yorkshire and I will try my best to attend

Kind Regards Tony Jones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hope all is well Phil,was Scarborough all you wished for? perhaps catch up next time the event is on.
    Do you know the whereabouts of Steve Johnson? Would love to catch up with him again and relive those glory days!
    Anyway if your about Phil let me know how Yorkshire went.

Kind Regards Tony Jones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Folks
    Does anyone know the contact details for Steve Johnson ex Skeggy red? I did email various folks but no luck to date, if anyone does I would be most grateful if you could get in touch as I Would love to make contact with him after all these years.
    Hope all my old pals remain well and do get in touch!
    Tony Jones. Skeggy red/swim coach 1970/74

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeboat1 For This Useful Post:

deelieta (02-05-17)