Thread: Zig Zag at Pwllheli

butlinbaz Guest

Default Zig Zag at Pwllheli

During the early 80's at Pwllheli, there was a duo who performed in the French Bar on the small stage - when the main stage was taking a break (it beats Agadoo and big box little box). They were called "Zig Zag" and it was a man and woman act using electronic keyboards.

They must have been there for at least 3 seasons because I used to buy their music cassettes.

I have just found 2 of these tapes and they have instantly transported me back to the French Bar.

Does anyone know what happened to this duo?

They did produce some original songs which were quite good as well as other instrumentals including the Star Wars and Doctor Who themes.

I now have their music saved to my PC and my phone to cheer me up on those gloomy days

2. The Following User Says Thank You to butlinbaz For This Useful Post:

felly Guest

Hey butlinbaz I remember Zig-Zag and yes, they were quite good. I bought one of their music cassettes and I think I have still got it somewhere. I took a photo of them and I will look it out and upload it to one of my albums. It's really nice to know that someone else remembers Ziz-Zag. That was in the day when Butlin's WAS Butlin's!!

Dennis the menace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by butlinbaz View Post
    During the early 80's at Pwllheli, there was a duo who performed in the French Bar on the small stage - when the main stage was taking a break (it beats Agadoo and big box little box). They were called "Zig Zag" and it was a man and woman act using electronic keyboards.

They must have been there for at least 3 seasons because I used to buy their music cassettes.

I have just found 2 of these tapes and they have instantly transported me back to the French Bar.

Does anyone know what happened to this duo?

They did produce some original songs which were quite good as well as other instrumentals including the Star Wars and Doctor Who themes.

I now have their music saved to my PC and my phone to cheer me up on those gloomy days
    Hi there, me and my cousin loved zig zag, is there any way you could send me images or recordings of them please?

Koala Terrace Guest

I think I remember these,did one of them wear a large wig a bit like limahl?