Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Principal Guest name change - Must we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Principal Guest name change - Must we?

Booked a while back and I find myself as the Principal Guest (PG) unable to go, instead our boys is going with his mother. If she rocks-up to the Skegness gate, with my booking, and my name on it, I can't see them turning her away, despite clearly not being me, a bloke. Will she get away with it or msut we deal with the admin cost of changing the name of PG. Will they let it ride, she jsut calls hereself by my name for the week in the food hall. No biggy...

Anyone tried this stunt?
    Opinions expressed are not mine, or those of Butlin's, Bourne Leisure, or Butlin's Memories, I asked next doors' cat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Best giving them a call to change the name. Not that I can see them turning you away.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

They are now validating the booking confirmation on arrival via a PDA. Also in the dinning rooms they are swiping your key card to check amount of guests entering etc.
    I also know some friends who last year had no official lead guest as on booking as they could not make it and somebody else took there place. Then they had an accident which involved security first thing they did was check the booking.
    All opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

OK, I can see where this is going, only like it or lump it, they'll take an admin charge likely 35-40 for diddly-all. I'll have to liek it. Thanks all.
    Opinions expressed are not mine, or those of Butlin's, Bourne Leisure, or Butlin's Memories, I asked next doors' cat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizedy View Post
    They are now validating the booking confirmation on arrival via a PDA. Also in the dinning rooms they are swiping your key card to check amount of guests entering etc.
    I also know some friends who last year had no official lead guest as on booking as they could not make it and somebody else took there place. Then they had an accident which involved security first thing they did was check the booking.
    How does the validating booking confirmation work, do they scan your booking form or?
    All opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizedy View Post
    Is this at all camps? We went to Bognor at Easter and they only quickly looked at our booking confirmation when we arrived at the gate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Is this at all camps? We went to Bognor at Easter and they only quickly looked at our booking confirmation when we arrived at the gate.
    They had it in Minehead last summer; there was a barcode on the confirmation that they scanned. When We went to Bognor at Christmas there was no barcode and the staff on the gate just quick glance at the confirmation just as you had at Easter. Last weekend at Bognor it was still the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Not sure it started at Skeggy with dining rooms. When I was at Bognor they said Skeggy were trialing it and it would be rolled out by Nov. All skeggy bookings now have a bar-code on the paperwork which they can scan at entrance to check that booking is not fake. They was also talk of an app for phones.
    All opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I let my parents use my premier club in 2004 as I paid for them to go to Bognor for my mums 50 birthday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Personally, I really wouldn't worry - especially as it's still the same amount of adults/children going.
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com