Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Principal Guest name change - Must we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Just realised this is an old thread. I wonder what he did in the end?
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ive just seen this thread. You aren't really allowed to change the lead guest name it's classed as a cancellation & rebooking. I called last week & they changed two guests name for free but said the lead guest has to remain the same otherwise it's a cancellation & if you dont have insurance you lose what you've paid.
    R.I.P Uncle Andy....King of Redcoats <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but it was interesting to read about the beefed up security in 2014 (which I didn't see as it was during my 4 year long 'Butlins drought') as since then they've gone the other way and now seem to have less gate security than at any time I can ever remember.

I went twice in 2016 and so far have been once this year, on all 3 occasions I didn't even show my booking confirmation when turning up, but was just asked what sort of accomodation I had booked and waved off to a car park (and on all 3 occasions I turned up early before the official entry time, so it wasn't like there was a queue to get in). The car parking permits which you used to get given are now gone too, they've no idea what vehicles are and aren't supposed to be there.

Then when leaving and re-entering the site, whilst they were checking your key cards worked on the main gate, on the west gate you just vaguely pointed it at the guy on the gate who then gave you a thumbs up and waved you in. Being that all of the keycards are now identical, and that there is no real attempt to enforce collecting them at the end of your stay, you could just retain a keycard and walk in through the west gate at any point. Again, this has been the case on all 3 occasions I've been in the past two years, it can't just be a matter of one or two lazy staff.

Coupled with the fact that you are never challenged at any point once you're in the site, I'm pretty sure more than a few people are exploiting one of these ways to get a free day visit.

Granted, you need the brass neck to do it and you have no idea if this lack of security will suddenly end, but it was surprising to see it quite so slack when they have previously put some effort into checking who is coming in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cwathen For This Useful Post:

Scritti (08-07-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Which of the sites was that, cwathen??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scritti View Post
    Which of the sites was that, cwathen??
    This was Minehead.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cwathen For This Useful Post:

Scritti (09-07-17)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Minehead was always laid back on the main gate, locals could walk onto camp by just telling security they are going to the cinema which butlins allowed, of course if they was going to the cinema many stayed on camp afterwards. They have now introduced the same as skegness were they have a key slot on the gate to check if your card is live.Also from july 19th butlins are closing the cinema to minehead residents, and tightening up gate security.
    Butlins RIP

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minehead forever For This Useful Post:

keno051 (09-07-17), Scritti (09-07-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

When we were there two weeks ago all adults were given a wristband and that was used instead of keycard at main gate.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BuhSnarf For This Useful Post:

Scritti (24-08-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

You might as well try an unofficial substitution. Unless you have holiday insurance with them or elsewhere, changing the principal guest is the same as a cancellation, with no refund. It might have changed, but that is how it was a few years back.

KAF

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KAF2 For This Useful Post:

Scritti (25-08-17)