Thread: Why is the site so quiet these days.

billybusdriver Guest

Default Why is the site so quiet these days.

I can't understand where everyone is these days, it does not feel like so long ago that I could spend an evening on here and have fun, and relive great memories. Recently I have had to cut down all my driving work as i have a serious illness and suddenly all the sites I used to know are silent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billybusdriver For This Useful Post:

Blinking Owl Guest

I was wondering that myself. Back when it first started names like Tannoy and Clacton Red were on all the time. Think an American chap started the site off around 2000. I collected a lot of Butlins stuff over the years and very soon I will begin to sell it, including Redcoats from every change of design.

Blinking Owl.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinking Owl For This Useful Post:

billybusdriver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blinking Owl View Post
    I was wondering that myself. Back when it first started names like Tannoy and Clacton Red were on all the time. Think an American chap started the site off around 2000. I collected a lot of Butlins stuff over the years and very soon I will begin to sell it, including Redcoats from every change of design.

Blinking Owl.
    Hi, I miss the old site, the stories and banter. Problem was I was far too busy running my minibus firm to notice the change. But I have spent the past 2 years fighting throat cancer and am taking time off to recover from radiation therapy and too much time on my hands.

wearecity Guest

Hi again to everyone.

I was very active here for a number of years.

I think the main reasons this place like many forums have slowed down, is due to the rise of Facebook and YouTube.

I remember quite a few of us, linked up on Facebook years ago.

There are much easier ways now to show pictures, videos and talk than forums. Before Facebook and YouTube this was the only real place to see pictures.

Having said all that it's great this site is still up and running and I do still love visiting when I feel like a bit of nostalgia.