Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Maddieson's Camps

alingham1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDay View Post
    Hi all, new here so hello.

Regarding Maddiesons, Peter is my grandfather....I live with him so i may be of some use?

Cheers,
    Scott
    Hi Scott,
    My great Aunt, Lillian Lingham married Ray Maddieson - and I know my father (John Lingham) has a cousin called Peter who is one of the four Maddieson children, this would make your grandfather my second-cousin. So we are distant relations! He, along with my late grandmother Edna Lingham, has fond memories of holidays in Little Stone in the Maddiesons holiday camp and I myself have childhood memories of daytrips to the beach, and riding on the Greatstone miniature railway to Dungeness and back.

Amy

M.WALKER Guest

Default Maddiesons Littlestone Holiday Camp

We now have 140 members on facebook under the groups section . Please join all ex campers and staff welcome
    Mike Walker

pitdiver Guest

In the late sixties myself and a group of friends spent a week at Maddiesons, St Margarets Bay. and what an enjoyable week it was. However when we tried to book for the following year we were told that our presence was not acceptable. This may be due to the fact that we had arranged a party at night in the swimming pool for fellow freethinking guests and staff, male and specially female where swimming costumes were not allowed. I don't think Maddiesons ever got over that.

David of Kent Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maddieson's Circa 1972-73.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	21261

Found this in some old photos.

Amaddieson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by techieguy View Post
    I know we're going back a few months here but just a bit of trivia for you all, the old Maddiesons camp in Hemsby did indeed get sold to Pontin's and closed for good in Jan 2009. If you drive 100yds further down Beach Road (past the old Pontin's main gate) you'll see an electricity substation - the identification plate on the side shows "Danger 400 Volts - Maddiesons Camp Main Supply" - so at least a tiny bit of the old site is still there!
    Do you think that it is still there?