Thread: Blackpool & Southport - ex-staff and visitors - memories needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Blackpool & Southport - ex-staff and visitors - memories needed

I am a freelance writer and have been commissioned to write an article to celebrate the anniversary of Sir Fred Pontins birth. The article will be predominantly Lancashire based and I am planning to include people?s memories of the camps and Sir Fred in the article. These would be preferably from those who worked for the company.

I?m therefore looking for any people who either worked or visited the three camps which were in the region, particularly the Blackpool and Southport ones. Anyone who knew and spoke to Sir Fred would be excellent as well.

If anyone can help then please feel free to contact me or leave a message on here with your email address and I will get back to you.

I would also be looking for any photographs of the camps which could be used alongside the article.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi, i worked at pontins blackpool as a waitress in the main dining room for 3 seasons 1970 71 and 72, i have some photos somewhere i am pretty sure i would never have chucked them out, god i can still remember my black nylon dress and white apron and the little white head piece (cant remember what it was called but if you arrived for work without it you wouldnt be allowed to serve....be in touch soon lesley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Blackpool & Southport

Hello,

I was Entertainments Manager at Blackpool for seasons 1977, '78, '79. I may even have a Bluecoat group photograph somewhere.

I still live in Blackpool, if that's any help!

Leslie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have got to admit, All pontins resorts have gone down, due to poor manegment, and maintainmece. And it is a great shame, why let a once good UK holiday resort go to rot and ruin as it has in the years. Freddie didnt want this, and would turn in his grave, Lets hope it doesnt just become a HISTORY site, and that it can improve and move with the times, as Butlins has

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lesnkate View Post
    hi, i worked at pontins blackpool as a waitress in the main dining room for 3 seasons 1970 71 and 72, i have some photos somewhere i am pretty sure i would never have chucked them out, god i can still remember my black nylon dress and white apron and the little white head piece (cant remember what it was called but if you arrived for work without it you wouldnt be allowed to serve....be in touch soon lesley
    Hi there. I was also a waitress at Blackpool holiday camp in 1974 and 1975. I too can remember the uniforms and all the blue coats singing as the campers came in for their meals. I also remember been chucked into the boating pool by the waiters and if it were your birthday you were chucked into the slot bin. Do you know of any way you can get in contact with any of the other people that used to work at the camp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default seekiing girls or guys who worked in the dinning hall in 1994 pontins Blackpool

Quote Originally Posted by malb View Post
    Hi there. I was also a waitress at Blackpool holiday camp in 1974 and 1975. I too can remember the uniforms and all the blue coats singing as the campers came in for their meals. I also remember been chucked into the boating pool by the waiters and if it were your birthday you were chucked into the slot bin. Do you know of any way you can get in contact with any of the other people that used to work at the camp.
    Hi I to was a waitress at Blackpool in 1994 I went out with Colin Martin his brother Jeff also worked there. There was Brian Gill, Keith Brown, a guy nicknamed Puck-wash it was great working there, hard work but lots of fun. I can even remember the name of the song the blue coats use to sing it was save all your kisses for me by brotherhood of man. If you remember any of these names I would love to hear any news you have. I live in New Zealand now so it great to reminisce about the old days .