Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 651 to 660 of 660

Thread: Reception

  1. #651
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grays, Essex
    Posts
    228
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Its Been a couple years now since I last posted on the forum so might aswell introduce myself all over again it now being 2016

    So Hey everyone im Ben im from Grays in Essex im 18 and recently got a new job working at Butlins In Minehead at the Shazaam venue which I start on 2nd February so im buzzing! I studied Production Arts (Technical Theatre) at South Essex College in 2014/2015 and I dropped out during my 2nd year last year. DJing is one of my hobbies that's about it really, really happy im now working for Butlins like a dream come true!
    Last edited by Ben Mower; 31-01-16 at 01:03 PM.
    All above is my own opinon and in anyway do not necessarily reflect anyone at Butlins Bourne Lesure Or Butlinsmemories.com
    Remember You Are Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Hiya all my name is tanya wheatley and I worked at butlins skegness from 2008 to 2013 sadly left in October 2013 after I was sacked for pouring a wrong drink yes you read correctly I was sacked for doing something everyone does on that place every second of the day
    I miss the place alot I got my 5 year award I was working myself up
    If given the chance i would do it all again I met my husband there he's still working there
    I did reapply there afew days ago was told alot of people who were sacked got another job there so I thought I would try my chances hey you never no

  3. #653
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    I have thought about it they tried to get rid of me for years because I was working my way up they didnt want me to wanted someone else to have my job instead
    I would give anything to go back

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Hi everyone amazing site, Im Melanie and have loads of great happy memories of Butlins first time was Skegness in 1978 followed by 79 Pwllheli 80 Minehead 81 Barry island 82 Pwllheli and Clacton in 1983 without knowing it would be closed a month later Looking forward to being a part of the site. Thanks for helping bring back the memories x

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Hi I was "Blondee" (as everyone used to call me), I worked at Filey Butlins for a season I think it was 1980, I worked around the bars and cafes, wherever I was sent, mostly in the Pricess Bar, Oasis, and in a Food Kiosk in a Club (forget the name of it) and did the Walls Ice Cream Trolley. I've got a bad memory but I recall I shared a chalet with Kieran and I had a lot of mates including Italian sisters from Doncaster Anna & Donna (I think), and friends with Shaban Hassan,"Lorrenzo", Eddie, and still have a few photographs.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondee For This Useful Post:

    deelieta (23-03-17)

  7. #656
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveleys
    Posts
    1,826
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    193
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    149
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    Hi I was "Blondee" (as everyone used to call me), I worked at Filey Butlins for a season I think it was 1980, I worked around the bars and cafes, wherever I was sent, mostly in the Pricess Bar, Oasis, and in a Food Kiosk in a Club (forget the name of it) and did the Walls Ice Cream Trolley. I've got a bad memory but I recall I shared a chalet with Kieran and I had a lot of mates including Italian sisters from Doncaster Anna & Donna (I think), and friends with Shaban Hassan,"Lorrenzo", Eddie, and still have a few photographs.
    Welcome Blondee,
    You will find a lot of old memories on here, and maybe some old friends. Try using the search function to bring up any old threads about Filey.
    Dee
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

  8. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Hi all,

    Been looking at this site for a few years and posted occasionally a couple of years ago. I recently got offered a job at Skegness Butlins, so want tl beco,e more active on here. I love learning the history and reading your stories of days gone by. Very sad I'm too young to know it in its former days but its great living it through your memories!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 001merp For This Useful Post:

    deelieta (02-05-17)

  10. #658
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Hi All,

    Been going to Minehead (never tried the others) since 1997. Over the years I've done self catering, half board, room only, touring park and day trips and have made some sort of visit to Minehead most years (the only years I've missed totally are 2000, 2003 and a shamefully long gap from 2012-2015 but made up for that since). I am a bit of a Minehead nut and enjoy recording how the camp has changed and developed over time. I've got hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands by now) of pictures and in the past couple of years I've taken to doing a big walkround video of the camp for posterity. Would love to find an outlet for all this stuff!

    Chris

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cwathen For This Useful Post:

    deelieta (02-05-17)

  12. #659
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveleys
    Posts
    1,826
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    193
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    149
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 001merp View Post
    Hi all,

    Been looking at this site for a few years and posted occasionally a couple of years ago. I recently got offered a job at Skegness Butlins, so want tl beco,e more active on here. I love learning the history and reading your stories of days gone by. Very sad I'm too young to know it in its former days but its great living it through your memories!
    Hello there,
    Welcome to BM,
    Have you accepted the job at Skegness? Do tell us all about it.
    There is loads of history on this website, and although it's going through a bit of a quiet patch at the moment, I'm hoping to get the site revamped this year and get more participation going again.
    There are many old photos of Skegness for you to look at.
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

  13. #660
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveleys
    Posts
    1,826
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    193
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    149
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwathen View Post
    Hi All,

    Been going to Minehead (never tried the others) since 1997. Over the years I've done self catering, half board, room only, touring park and day trips and have made some sort of visit to Minehead most years (the only years I've missed totally are 2000, 2003 and a shamefully long gap from 2012-2015 but made up for that since). I am a bit of a Minehead nut and enjoy recording how the camp has changed and developed over time. I've got hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands by now) of pictures and in the past couple of years I've taken to doing a big walkround video of the camp for posterity. Would love to find an outlet for all this stuff!

    Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Well, I think you've just found the outlet you've been looking for! There are a few of us on here that are BIG Minehead fans. If you look at my profile you should be able to see my photo albums - I've got a few in there of Minehead in the 80s.
    Would love to see you videos!
    Dee
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •