Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Reception

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its Been a couple years now since I last posted on the forum so might aswell introduce myself all over again it now being 2016

So Hey everyone im Ben im from Grays in Essex im 18 and recently got a new job working at Butlins In Minehead at the Shazaam venue which I start on 2nd February so im buzzing! I studied Production Arts (Technical Theatre) at South Essex College in 2014/2015 and I dropped out during my 2nd year last year. DJing is one of my hobbies that's about it really, really happy im now working for Butlins like a dream come true!
    Last edited by Ben Mower; 31-01-16 at 01:03 PM.
    All above is my own opinon and in anyway do not necessarily reflect anyone at Butlins Bourne Lesure Or Butlinsmemories.com
    Remember You Are Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hiya all my name is tanya wheatley and I worked at butlins skegness from 2008 to 2013 sadly left in October 2013 after I was sacked for pouring a wrong drink yes you read correctly I was sacked for doing something everyone does on that place every second of the day
    I miss the place alot I got my 5 year award I was working myself up
    If given the chance i would do it all again I met my husband there he's still working there
    I did reapply there afew days ago was told alot of people who were sacked got another job there so I thought I would try my chances hey you never no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have thought about it they tried to get rid of me for years because I was working my way up they didnt want me to wanted someone else to have my job instead
    I would give anything to go back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi everyone amazing site, Im Melanie and have loads of great happy memories of Butlins first time was Skegness in 1978 followed by 79 Pwllheli 80 Minehead 81 Barry island 82 Pwllheli and Clacton in 1983 without knowing it would be closed a month later Looking forward to being a part of the site. Thanks for helping bring back the memories x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi I was "Blondee" (as everyone used to call me), I worked at Filey Butlins for a season I think it was 1980, I worked around the bars and cafes, wherever I was sent, mostly in the Pricess Bar, Oasis, and in a Food Kiosk in a Club (forget the name of it) and did the Walls Ice Cream Trolley. I've got a bad memory but I recall I shared a chalet with Kieran and I had a lot of mates including Italian sisters from Doncaster Anna & Donna (I think), and friends with Shaban Hassan,"Lorrenzo", Eddie, and still have a few photographs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondee For This Useful Post:

deelieta (23-03-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    Hi I was "Blondee" (as everyone used to call me), I worked at Filey Butlins for a season I think it was 1980, I worked around the bars and cafes, wherever I was sent, mostly in the Pricess Bar, Oasis, and in a Food Kiosk in a Club (forget the name of it) and did the Walls Ice Cream Trolley. I've got a bad memory but I recall I shared a chalet with Kieran and I had a lot of mates including Italian sisters from Doncaster Anna & Donna (I think), and friends with Shaban Hassan,"Lorrenzo", Eddie, and still have a few photographs.
    Welcome Blondee,
    You will find a lot of old memories on here, and maybe some old friends. Try using the search function to bring up any old threads about Filey.
    Dee
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all,

Been looking at this site for a few years and posted occasionally a couple of years ago. I recently got offered a job at Skegness Butlins, so want tl beco,e more active on here. I love learning the history and reading your stories of days gone by. Very sad I'm too young to know it in its former days but its great living it through your memories!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 001merp For This Useful Post:

deelieta (02-05-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi All,

Been going to Minehead (never tried the others) since 1997. Over the years I've done self catering, half board, room only, touring park and day trips and have made some sort of visit to Minehead most years (the only years I've missed totally are 2000, 2003 and a shamefully long gap from 2012-2015 but made up for that since). I am a bit of a Minehead nut and enjoy recording how the camp has changed and developed over time. I've got hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands by now) of pictures and in the past couple of years I've taken to doing a big walkround video of the camp for posterity. Would love to find an outlet for all this stuff!

Chris

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cwathen For This Useful Post:

deelieta (02-05-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 001merp View Post
    Hi all,

Been looking at this site for a few years and posted occasionally a couple of years ago. I recently got offered a job at Skegness Butlins, so want tl beco,e more active on here. I love learning the history and reading your stories of days gone by. Very sad I'm too young to know it in its former days but its great living it through your memories!
    Hello there,
    Welcome to BM,
    Have you accepted the job at Skegness? Do tell us all about it.
    There is loads of history on this website, and although it's going through a bit of a quiet patch at the moment, I'm hoping to get the site revamped this year and get more participation going again.
    There are many old photos of Skegness for you to look at.
    At Butlin's by the sea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwathen View Post
    Hi All,

Been going to Minehead (never tried the others) since 1997. Over the years I've done self catering, half board, room only, touring park and day trips and have made some sort of visit to Minehead most years (the only years I've missed totally are 2000, 2003 and a shamefully long gap from 2012-2015 but made up for that since). I am a bit of a Minehead nut and enjoy recording how the camp has changed and developed over time. I've got hundreds and hundreds (probably thousands by now) of pictures and in the past couple of years I've taken to doing a big walkround video of the camp for posterity. Would love to find an outlet for all this stuff!

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Well, I think you've just found the outlet you've been looking for! There are a few of us on here that are BIG Minehead fans. If you look at my profile you should be able to see my photo albums - I've got a few in there of Minehead in the 80s.
    Would love to see you videos!
    Dee
    At Butlin's by the sea!

Disclaimer: