Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Reception

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizedy View Post
    Welcome Miss RainDrop92. Welcome to the best website in the world and those were the words of the legendary redcoat Chris Gray.
    Thanks Wizedy. Ive only ever heard good about this site, but it takes me a little while to decide on whether to join things because I hate joining something and then decided that actually it isnt right for me. Although You all seem so friendly and nice and that swayed me

Thanks

We certainly are and in the flesh as well.
    All opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Thanks

Hi Di Hi!
    I am happy to have found this site, for, as a child growing up in the '50s, I always longed to go to Butlins for a holiday, but we could never afford it! My school friend Marilyn Croft went with her family to Butlins, and that seemed the bees knees to me!
    I now live in rural Oxfordshire, and have a lovely husband, a teenage daughter and lots of animals, which now make it difficult to go anywhere on holiday, but they give us year round pleasure...and expense!!
    I think this is a wonderful site, and congratulations to all who have run it over many years! I shall look forward to browsing and posting a bit more. I particularly enjoyed the article about Mosney in the 1950s by a member who visited there as a child, and then worked there as an adult. It was fascinating! Many congratulations on a wonderful piece of writing.
    At the moment, I am downsizing, and I have listed a treasured Butlins item from the 1950's on dreaded eBay. I have discovered that there seem to be a lot of Butlins badge collectors on here, so I thought I would mention it, in case anyone is interested. It would be nice for it to go to the home of a true Butlins afficionado!
    It is listed as follows:
    1950 BUTLINS MOSNEY IRELAND RARE BLUE BADGE LEPRACHAUN ON EPNS SNOOKER TROPHY
    I hope someone will give it a new home.

Well, I had better sign off now. Greetings to all other members, and thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.
    Stella
    Last edited by stella1; 19-01-12 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks

Hello

I went to Butlin's Skegness with my family from 1947 to 57, missing only one year. I then went to Filey with a friend in 1961; in 62 was lucky enough to become a redcoat at Minehead (the year it opened). The following year I moved to Filey and was a children's redcoat there for three years.
    Lots of happy memories!

Penny

Thanks

Default allo

hi
    Im jon 35 from mid glam, married with 3 dogs and drive trucks for a living. like camping, movies,music and spending time with my wife and dogs. butlins minehead has changed alot since the time of the monorail,monorail, monorail hasn't it.

Thanks

Default Hi from KAZ Ocean Hotel 1983 Redcoat

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Now that you're on the site why not tell us a little about yourself to give people a snapshot of who you are, where you're from, hobbies & interests - nothing too personal!

Hello from Kaz 1983 Redcoat in the ocean Hotel Brighton. Now are Hairdresser visit www.haironwheels.co.uk karen@haironwheels.co.uk

Thanks

Default Hi

Hey all, I used to work at the Butlins Metropole Hotel on the bars between 1990 - 1995. Many fond memories, and too this day possibly the best bars I've had to pleasure to work in, even with the sometimes 15 hour shifts

Still in touch with some of the ex reds from there plus a couple of bar staff, hopefully there's many more on here.

Thanks

A warm to all the recently joined members!

We are a friendly bunch here and are looking forward to you joining in with discussions and sharing your memories ... be they from holidays in the distant past or more recent, and whether they be at Butlins or other holiday parks.
    All opinions expressed above are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or butlinsmemories.com.

Thanks

Well said Bunnykins

Thanks

Smile

Hi! I'm new to the site. My name is Karen and I'm 28. I used to holiday at Butlins in Skegness with my gran when I was a child. I went to Butlins in Minehead back in 2009 and rediscovered the magic of Butlins. I live in Cheltenham and enjoy running race for life, writing books, reading and Butlins.