Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Skegness Monday 7th August to Friday 11th August 2006

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well only 1 more day to go now. If anyone else is going do get in touch before we go tomorrow as I would like to meet up.
    I am now driving up. It will be easier with the suitcases and hopefully will get up there a lot earlier so we can look around before check in.
    Hope to be leaving here at 9 am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Have a great time. We left at 8 when we went and got there at 12:30 with a half hour stop thats from isle of sheppey. Enjoy your hols and tell us all about it when you get back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nattyjane View Post
    Have a great time. We left at 8 when we went and got there at 12:30 with a half hour stop thats from isle of sheppey. Enjoy your hols and tell us all about it when you get back.
    Hi ,
    We are hoping to leave at 8 am tomorrow as well. I will tell you all about it when We get back. I am looking forward very much to the holiday and being able to spend time with Ross.
    Thanks for the kind wishes.
    All the best
    Malc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We got back to Gillingham on Friday and we are missing Butlins already.
    I drove in the end so we could get there earlier. We got to Skegness at about 1:20 pm. We then went into Splashworld which Ross loved. Very busy of course and a we had to wait for a changing room to be free but it was very good and enjoyed our swim.
    We then had a quick look around and then checked in at 4 pm. We had to Q but it was not to bad and the welcome team where very helpful.
    Our chalet was excellent and we had a lovely big bathroom. It was very close to Reds and Skyline.
    We had our evening meal, Richard who was on the door was very welcoming and was always cheerful when we went for our meals. The food was good and with plenty of choice.
    On the Tuesday Ross wanted to go swimming again, I did not want to swim and the Q for Slashworld at 9:40 am was huge so we got into the Q for the outdoor pool. We found a table and chairs and Ross went off into the pool, It was cold but he enjoyed it. We saw that the door to Splashworld was open so Ross took himself off into there while I just relaxed. We arranged for how long till he came back and he would then go between the two. He must have swallowed some of the water or over did it because when we got back to the chalet he was not to well and did not want any dinner. We went to dinner but Ross only had a bit and when we got back to the chalet he was not well at all and got into bed and went to sleep at 5 pm and did not wake up till the following morning. I just watched the telly. So that night we did not go out.
    We had a good day Wednesday and in the evening went to Reds and watched the circus show which was very good.
    Another good day on Thursday and we hired a chopper for an hour and had a good look around the camp. I took some pics which I will post later.
    In the evening we went again to Reds and they had sooty which both Ross and I enjoyed and later the singers and the cheeky girls came on. We did not actually talk to any redcoats, expect when one said good morning, but did see them about. On the thursday they had some of the redcoats dancing on the stage and I thought redcoat Becky really was good and let herself go and looked like she was having fun. The others looked a bit reserved. I did not catch their names.
    We did not go into centre stage, the Q was always long and people lined up waiting for it to open for over an hour before it opened.
    Hope I have not bored anyone to much and if its ok I will add bits as I think of them.
    I can see why people who went to Butlins in the old days think it is different now. It is less organised, by that I mean rather than getting lots of people involved in activities, they now just tell you wants on and leave it up to you if you want to be involved. No one trys to get you involved. The place is like a small town and busy but we both enjoyed it very much and would certainly go again. We did not in fact go off the site all the time we where there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm glad you had a good time!

Next time you go, wait until half an hour after Centre Stage opens and then go in! After about 10 minutes a seat usually comes free anyway (there are often odd ones dotted about and there are only two of you) so we never bother queueing!

So when's the next one then

Glad you had fun!
    Frequent Flyer
    Please note that any views or opinions expressed above are my own personal ones and not necessarily those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure or butlinsmemories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time!

Next time you go, wait until half an hour after Centre Stage opens and then go in! After about 10 minutes a seat usually comes free anyway (there are often odd ones dotted about and there are only two of you) so we never bother queueing!

So when's the next one then

Glad you had fun!

Thanks Yes we really had a great time. Once you get used to the amount of people there its ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Did u take any photos while you were there?

We realised when we were approx 1 hr away from butlins we had forget to pack the digital camera

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are a few of the photos. Some with BM bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are a few more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbabe View Post
    Did u take any photos while you were there?

We realised when we were approx 1 hr away from butlins we had forget to pack the digital camera
    Saw your message after posting the pics. Sorry they are not better it was the first time I had used the camera.