Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Get Together; Skegness 2007 - We're back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Friday Night;

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=7b1cdb23.pbw

I like this photo;

I should've brought a dinghy! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizebuys1 View Post
    yes kath ...THE ROOF IN JAKS.......
    LOL! That wasn't me! I swear!!

No, I broke a bottle of Apple VK in The Front Room. Not bad by my usual standards! What a tragic waste though... it smashed on the floor and I had to get a member of staff to sweep it up for me because there was green glass everywhere!
    Frequent Flyer
    Please note that any views or opinions expressed above are my own personal ones and not necessarily those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure or butlinsmemories.com

Bolton on Dearne, In Between Barnsley & Doncaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    ^ I look forward to meeting you the following Sat, Mandy! We all missed you on this one.

One of the highlights of the weekend, for me, was the Treasure Hunt. It was the first one I'd ever made and I was so nervous it was all going to go wrong. I was so thrilled when, not only did it work, but everyone seemd to have a good laugh doing it! That made my day!

Various bonus points were on offer. One thing the teams could do was to perform either The Billy Walk or YMCA in front of me to gain an extra 15 points. Here are the results...

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tion=slideshow

Here are a few more photos;

The New Smoking area;

The new lighting in Reds (fantastic!)

The Spa's Female changing facilities;

(I was quite annoyed that it was communal changing. When I've paid a premium for a facility I don't expect to have no privacy!)

For Some reason the 1st Link to your Photobucket Thing Takes me straight to my photo bucket homepage

Finally They've got a Bench in The Female Changing Rooms
    But I Have to Agree with Kath, They Could do with a bit more Privacy for When people are getting changed ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by future-redcoat-becca View Post
    For Some reason the 1st Link to your Photobucket Thing Takes me straight to my photo bucket homepage
    Try again now, should work!
    Please note that any views or opinions expressed above are my own personal ones and not necessarily those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure or Butlins-Memories.com

See you all at Butlins soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    No, I broke a bottle of Apple VK in The Front Room. Not bad by my usual standards! What a tragic waste though... it smashed on the floor and I had to get a member of staff to sweep it up for me because there was green glass everywhere!
    Breaking the VK did not seem to be a massive problem to Kath as it gave her a patch of the floor to slide around and dance on!
    Please note that any views or opinions expressed above are my own personal ones and not necessarily those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure or Butlins-Memories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amybeean View Post
    I'm gonna be a giant loser and say who is whooooooooooo?! Obviously I recognise people whose photos I see all the time but otherwise... 'argh!'
    ok Amy, here's your who's who...

First photo
    Back row (left to right) - Alex (Joker), Aaronought, BM Bear, Martin (djmp), Alex (graveyard shift), Andy (Skegred), Martin (djmp's guest)
    Middle row (left to right) - Karen (Mrs Wizebuys1), Jerry (Wizebuys1), Anne (Angelbabe), Raani (iwanabaredcoat), Shaun (streetwize) holding one of Little Miss Butlin's daughters, Kirstey (butlinsbunni), Jason-Mc
    Front row (left to right) - Jonathon (butlinsroc), Samuel (Jonathon's brother), Debbie (Little Miss Butlins) and her other daughter.

Second photo
    Back row - Alex (Joker), Aaronought with BM Bear, Paul Graham, Alex (graveyard shift), Andy (Skegred), me (DiscoKev), Martin & Martin (djmp)
    Front row - Karen (Mrs Wizebuys1), Jerry (Wizebuys1), Jonathon (butlinsroc), Anne (Angelbabe), Shaun (streetwize), Jason-MC, Kirstey (butlinsbunni) & Kath

Hope all makes sense now and that I've got everyone's names correct!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like you all had a great time-heres hoping that next years is even bigger and better (and that I can make it!)
    Never drink with some of the members on this forum unless u want to end up on a toy motorbike at 2am!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

And now for the story of what we got upto over the weekend...

Kath and me arrived on camp at a little after 9.30 on Friday 20th July. We sat in the car for a little while, soaking up the excitement and deciding what to do when we saw Alex (Joker) and his family park in the space behind us so we all wandered down to the Skyline and had a drink in the Skyline Cafe together.

After about an hour together, Kath and me decided to go for a nice gentle swim in Splash (where I can confirm that Kath did not break anything!!).

We emerged from Splash to be faced with rain - something which was to become a familiar sight over the weekend!

Next stop was Bar Rosso where we'd agreed to meet Alex and his family for another drink and were joined by Debbie (Little Miss Butlins) and her daughters.

Emerging from the other side of the Skyline after drinks and on our way to check in we were faced with even worse rain!

Ideally I would've been in a fully adapted unit - opposite Reds so close to everything and perfectly designed for disabled guests. However, due to lack of availability we were placed in an "ease of access unit". We were not impressed by it.

As the unit is designed for people who have difficulty getting around, we'd expect the chalet to be relatively close to the Skyline but it was in the third block along Starfish Quay - opposite the check in building. Also, we had to walk past a perfectly good restaurant (the one below Reds) to get to ours (Ocean Drive - at the back of the Skyline), why weren't we put in the nearest one when our choice of chalet indicates that one of us has mobility problems??

Also, the chalet itself was a nightmare to negotiate on a wheelchair. The hallway was so small with doors all opening into each other that you were really limited to which rooms you could reach when you came out of one. Also, there was limited room for a wheelchair in the double bedroom, you could go straight along one side of the bed & that was it - you couldn't even get to the kettle & tv.

Anyway, putting all of that aside we decided to face Lake Butlin and go for our meal after which we decided to be brave and unload our luggage! Luckilly, Martin (djmp) spotted us going to the car and helped by carrying about 3 or 4 bags for us!

I was so impressed walking into Reds that night and seeing what had been done to the place. Friday night was a good night with various bands including a Kylie tribute and the 2 Martin's, Alex and Debbie for company.

When we left Reds it was still absolutely hammering it down and upon reaching Jaks we were told that it was shut due to the roof leaking but they opened up the Front Room instead and we had a good night in there (see Kath's drunk in a bar pics!)

Saturday was a very lazy day, mostly spent chilling in the chalet & trying to recover from the night before. Inbetween the chilling we did manage to find time for 3 hours in the Spa!

I went into one cubicle and pressed the "fresh" button, getting a nice cool shower, Kath decided to opt for "tropical" and had a load of really cold water hammering down on top of her, her face was such a picture before she ran out!!

I also tried tipping the bucket of water over my head whilst Kath stood outside to watch me, the water managed to miss my head completely and hit Kath!! I tried 3 times and still couldn't get it right, think Kath was glad when I gave up!!

The Crystal Steam Bath and Sauna were far too hot for us but the hydrospa & swimming pool were lovely. Not sure if I'd pay ?20 for it again but was glad that we tried it.

Saturday night involved another trip to Reds to see another band and then Centre Stage to see an Oasis tribute before finishing the night in Jaks. Water was everywhere again as Kath took off her shoes to paddle home!!

Sunday morning was the main forum meet up in the Front Room where everyone was handed a copy of the quiz and the looks on their faces were such pictures as they puzzled over the answers. Not sure why they were having such trouble - I knew all the answers!! Well done to Raani for scooping the first prize - helped massively by the Skyline Gang questions!

Next was the treasure hunt organised by Kath which involved me sitting very patiently in Splash while people tried to find me. Debbie (Little Miss Butlins) and her team found me very quickly but I was then left sitting there for ages until Aaronought & Jason-MC found me followed by Streetwize & an exhausted looking Skegred! Everybody else seemed to give up looking for me and joined Kath in Bar Rosso! Luckilly Kath did text me and tell me to join them so I didn't go completely crazy sitting on my own!

Sunday night we went in Reds and caught a bit of bingo but it was so painful that I was glad when Kath suggested heading to Centre Stage! Trouble was, when we sat down in Centre Stage, we saw the exact same act as the night before in Reds, it was a good act but we were not impressed to see it again so soon. Later was a Robbie Williams tribute before rounding the night off in Jaks.

For a change we were actually able to walk back to the chalet in the dry!!

Monday we had to say goodbye to the chalet before Kath's family came on resort for a day visit. We had a very busy day trying to cram as much in as possible before finally saying goodbye to the camp at about 5-6ish.

It was a good weekend and we've already booked to go to Minehead on Friday 23rd - Monday 26th May 2008 with anyone staying for a week booking from Monday 19th - Monday 26th. Will be good to see plenty of forum members there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suddenly the photos make sense *sigh* but that ^ ^ ^ Looks very long! .........Maybe later!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by discokev View Post

Well done to Raani for scooping the first prize - helped massively by the Skyline Gang questions!
    now kev you know alex (joker) actually came 1st with a score of 29 and raani came 2nd with a score of 20 but it wouldnt have been right for him to accept his own prize so he gave it to raani.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by butlinsbunni View Post
    now kev you know alex (joker) actually came 1st with a score of 29 and raani came 2nd with a score of 20 but it wouldnt have been right for him to accept his own prize so he gave it to raani.
    Whoops!

Shows how awake I was that morning but yes, Kirstey is correct, Alex's score was highest and well done to him too. Although one of his answers amused me - Wize & Bunni are not members of the Skyline Gang!!