Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate butlins!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Well we all seem to agree that Minehead has a lot more redcoats visible around the camp, and that they seem to interact more with people, compared to Skeggy.

At first I thought that maybe it was just in my own experience and perhaps I chose a bad week to be at Skeggy when there weren't as many redcoats as normal (the fact that the last time I stayed at Skeggy was the week before spring harvest added to that belief).

Now though it seems most of us that have been to Skeggy and Minehead have had the same sort of experience as far as redcoats go.

Does anyone know why this is? It does seem odd doesn't it?
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was really disappointed with the lack of redcoats and when we did see them they were off somewhere or not giving eye contact, perhaps its the times we are now living in and they are so young or maybe I am just getting old.

Speaking of which they are on tv now on The way we were on Holiday ITV1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes the same at bognor they come and sit with me if the shows are on but im glad you had a good time im off to bognor on monday and cant wait but yes i had to complain in june about the chalet not being clean even after they had come round the second time it was still as messy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm back after all these years

Baby is now 10 whole years old, time certainly flies and now single

I have taken my girl back to Skegness twice in the past 2 years and we love it, in fact, before I left last week I booked to go Oct half term as well as next July. It is so much easier as a single parent than abroad. However the next two upcoming hols I have changed from Silver to Standard as I always seem to be placed really far away, at least in Standard my girl can come and go as hopefully we shall be much nearer to all the aminities ....Now dare I ever try Minehead?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dizzylisa For This Useful Post:

Scritti (13-08-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Im going to Skegness for the 1st time since April 2012 in October. I think it's the biggest park but I hate the fact it's miles away from Skegness. I'm also doing Bognor Oct half term. I prefer Minehead the best as it has the best beach,best real ales pubs. Do they still sell local ales on the Skegness camp?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Themeparksandy1981 For This Useful Post:

Scritti (13-08-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can't say I noticed real ales as I only drink Wine