Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate butlins!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default I hate butlins!!!!!

HEHEHE MADE YOU LOOK

Just got back from Skegness and have to admit 1st impressions were not good. Yeah I know I wanted a standard chalet and it smelt the same as they did in 79 but i thought it would have at least been clean anyway a trip to the supermarket for cleaning stuff soon fixed it. The camp was so clean and the staff were all so very polite, but I hardly saw a redcoat unless they were on stage, years ago they were everywhere even sitting at your table for meals. Apart from the redcoats not having much time for anyone I really enjoyed it and it still has that certain atmosphere that it used to have, even my partner chucked a sicky off work and stayed with baby and I for the week. We loved Centre Stage more than Reds and too be honest I didn't think it was that expensive at all, in fact came back and bought myself a new laptop with the leftovers to console myself with hehehe.

We want to go back and baby even though she is only 19 months absolutely loved it. Minehead here we come

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dizzylisa For This Useful Post:

Scritti (13-08-17)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

^ If you want Redcoats sitting at your table in Reds then Minehead is definitely the place to go! Redcoats everywhere there! They sit with the grannies between shows and stuff. It's lovely!
    Frequent Flyer
    Please note that any views or opinions expressed above are my own personal ones and not necessarily those of Butlins, Bourne Leisure or butlinsmemories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ha you did fool me

I am surprised the chalet was not clean, I have never had any trouble with that before,

Me for one would not like red coats sitting at my table ( well not unless they were good looking), I do remember some been there on adult weekends, and they did not know what to do, but now there isnt any, and no need for to be honest, I think some of them become the entertainment team playing in the skyline

will be interesting to read about minehead after you have been there too, centre stage is more cosy then reds, but reds is nice now they have given it the make over, xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

You fooled me too. Don't ever say those words face to face with me though (unless you want an excrutiating 5 hour lecture about why it's impossible to hate Butlins)!

You'll probably find a lot more redcoats around the camp at Minehead. I do.
    So what've you got?
    You've got the Push Button Click. YEAH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad you had a good time and your partner ended up staying with you!

When I went to skeggy last month I thought the redcoats were all over the place and a few of them I think were very good coming over to us in reds sitting talking,messing around and swapping pin badges everynight with my daughter!

It seems like you've got the butlins bug so when are you planning on going to Minehead?

You fooled me aswell!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I want to go to Minehead next week (I wish) but in reality looking at around May for 1 week and then another week in September at the camp I prefer the best. I feel like crying now I'm back home I'm really missing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate the first few weeks back from butlins,back to reality,(the real world)
    I always end up feeling a little down I think its becouse of the big build up getting excited about going then having a great time while your there then bang home and back to ordinary day to day living.

Hopefully next year going to go twice cant wait !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kath View Post
    ^ If you want Redcoats sitting at your table in Reds then Minehead is definitely the place to go! Redcoats everywhere there! They sit with the grannies between shows and stuff. It's lovely!
    So true!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue3168 View Post
    I hate the first few weeks back from butlins,back to reality,(the real world)
    I always end up feeling a little down I think its becouse of the big build up getting excited about going then having a great time while your there then bang home and back to ordinary day to day living.

Hopefully next year going to go twice cant wait !!!!!
    Tell me about it I hate it, post butlins blues I call, your right we talk so much about going for months before we go and when we get there its over so quick all we have are memories and Kaths photos, I am lucky this time after the 80s weekend I am back in about 4 weeks for the 70s but thats it for 2008, still not long until the 2009 ones start !! x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think that minehead has a lot more red coats walking about then skegness we have stayed in standard and siliver this year but i would pick the stanard over silver has it easy for me to find my way back at the end of a long very happy night out and i did not like the dinner room for siliver that was under the reds it was realy packed i hope to be booking my first adult holiday has soon has i can i love butlins