Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett & Brenda Cresswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Brett & Brenda Cresswell

Sad to see Brett & Brenda's grave in the Obituaries. I knew them both.

Brett when he had a magic act with Bobby Traynor (They were previously both assistants in the ealy 1950's to 'Ali Bey - The Great Arabian Wizard'), and then of course at Butlins. Brett went on to become Ents. Manager at Pwllheli etc.

I also worked with Bobby's wife, Anna at the Cliftonville hotels.

Brenda McGuire, a beautiful statuesque blonde, was Chief Radio Butlin Announcer at Bognor Regis in 1961 (I think).

Both died far too young.

Leslie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

They both died very young, didn't they? And very close together (Brett in the January and Brenda in March).
    At least through this site their memories will live on forever.
    You'll have a really wonderful time...
    At Butlin's by the sea!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer:
    Everything expressed by me in my posts represents my own personal views and are not necessarily the opinions of Butlins, Bourne Leisure, or Butlins Memories.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Hi Leslie, thanks for posting this tribute, I have now added it to the Obituaries page, here

Kev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default brett creswell

I worked with Brett at Minehead; a truly nice guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Sad News

I'm So sorry to hear of their demise,I worked with Brenda at Minehead for seven years,she was in allocations, her job was the unenviable task of slotting campers into appropriate accommodation,a stressful job that she did admirably.She was a fine lady

I worked in admin as assistant bookings manager,until I moved to Australia in 1976,I also worked in catering from 1968 to 1970,I have heard that Dave Meredith also passed away, who was then Dining Hall Manager, I think he succeeded Ron Wood as catering superintendent at Minehead, Dave and His wife Chris who were both Welsh, worked at Butlins for eons,
    The last I heard Tony Crosby who was the Camp Manager was alive and well,

I will never forget those days that I spent at Minehead, they were some of the best days of my life, Dunster, Scrumpy,The Pier,The Star at Watchet,Old Cleeve, The Blue anchor Pub,The Ship at Porlock, The Wig and Pissle, Titbread Wankard Beer the Beachcomber etc,strange how I can only remember the pubs!!,and some of the mad Glaswegians who worked there,and some of the beautiful Icelandic girls of course.

Best regards to every one

Peter Nolan (Australia)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dave meredith

hi,from the last post i gather Dave Meredith has passed, can this be confirmed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dave Meredith

Hi Dennit

Sorry my response is late I havn't been here for awhile, I'm pretty sure Its true,my source of information is from a mate who was a long time local resident of Minehead,the same person told about Brenda and Brett.

best regards

Peter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Old time Butlins

Quote Originally Posted by otty View Post
    I'm So sorry to hear of their demise,I worked with Brenda at Minehead for seven years,she was in allocations, her job was the unenviable task of slotting campers into appropriate accommodation,a stressful job that she did admirably.She was a fine lady

I worked in admin as assistant bookings manager,until I moved to Australia in 1976,I also worked in catering from 1968 to 1970,I have heard that Dave Meredith also passed away, who was then Dining Hall Manager, I think he succeeded Ron Wood as catering superintendent at Minehead, Dave and His wife Chris who were both Welsh, worked at Butlins for eons,

I will never forget those days that I spent at Minehead, they were some of the best days of my life, Dunster, Scrumpy,The Pier,The Star at Watchet,Old Cleeve, The Blue anchor Pub,The Ship at Porlock, The Wig and Pissle, Titbread Wankard Beer the Beachcomber etc,strange how I can only remember the pubs!!,and some of the mad Glaswegians who worked there,and some of the beautiful Icelandic girls of course.

Peter Nolan (Australia)
    Hi Peter, I don't know if we worked together as my memory isn't as good as it was. I knew Ron Wood fom Filey, 1957. I can confirm that Tony and June Crosby are still going strong as I spoke to them on the phone recently. I have tried to phone Ron Stanway for news of Dave Meredith, but Ron isn't answering. Yes, it was so sad about Brett and Brenda. Brett died suddenly and within a couple of months Brenda joined him. I think she just couldn't live without him. I went to the funeral and if you go onto my photo albums on face book I have posted a photo of their grave. Very sad. I worked with Brenda when she was Radio Butlin, Pwllheli 1963, and was a colleague of Brett's for many years. They were in Australia for a few years. Good luck, Rocky Mason. rocky.mason@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otty View Post

Peter Nolan (Australia)
    Hi Pete, It's good to hear about Tony Crosby, how about 'Pat' Patterson his Deputy?

You and I must have worked in the same building, though I was on Night Security, seconded to the Night Manager as his Assistant. I worked under three of them in successive years, Pete Harris, Bob Tyres, and then Clive Martin ( 75, 76 and 77).

Best wishes.

(another ) Pete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for kind comments about Brenda and Brett. I was a Bognor Red 1986 and their neice. Both are much missed xx