Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need To Know About Adult Weekends

debsy Guest

Yes Martin you have got it covered big time.

Rach we always stay on site, but some people get the bus into skeggy on sat morning, ( hang over permitting) or walk to the market on sunday, we dont bother with either lol!!! the days are like nights, thought I would tell you that, as you will want to dress up , as lots do, some even get there fancy dress on and keep it on, esp the ones who dress up on a sunday, sunday is a big afternoon but the night tends to end earlier as you have to up and out for ten on monday, ( do we ever manage that Littlemissbutlins???))

You can not sum up these weekends until you have tried one for yourself as Angel babe and Littlemissbutlins will confrim, the did there first on last oct and i have lost count of how many they have done since, they are addicts to me, like me !!!! xx

tornmean9 Guest

since this thread to find out bout adult weekend for newcomers i have a few questions

1: what are the people that go like how is behaviour there with each of the gender

2: what is atmosphere like once it at close to 5am and every one been busy drinking all night

3: what is secruity like there at night if any

Rach Guest

Ive got a few questions also,
    1 - is the music played all weekend that of the theme of the weekend or is more recent music played?
    2 - is there much fighting etcc.. found on these breaks?

djmp Guest

The atmosphere there is amazing and so freindly and as other members will confirm its an extreamly rare thing to see any trouble at all ( bearing in mind that there is 7000 people onsite its a credit to these weekends) if you go to any town centre you are surrounded with trouble mainly while waiting for taxis home this is not a problem as your room is near to resort. Its even been commented on that a single woman can feel safe going around site on her own (littlemissbutlins and Debsy can expand on this). At closing time it is also a very safe place to be, and security patrol 24 hrs a day (mobile and static guards) and all the camp is covered by cctv and extra security brought in on adult weekends but to be fair the role they play is more of customer safety and security as opposed to sorting out battles which can only be a good thing.

djmp Guest

All the venues will be playing music from the era that your break is ie disco inferno the only venue that may play other and uptodate stuff is Jacks Butlins late night venue details of what and when they are playing can be found in your entertainment guide given to you when you check in ( i call this my butlins bible). if you need more than 1 copy for your fellow party goers or just as a keepsake just call into guest services and they will give you free of charge as many as you want.

discokev Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rach View Post
    Ive got a few questions also,
    1 - is the music played all weekend that of the theme of the weekend or is more recent music played?
    Hi Rach,

The music on the weekend will all be of the theme of the weekend. However, I went to a Disco Inferno weekend at Bognor a couple of years back and found that their definition of disco was very wide ranging (Skeggy's definition could be different) and basically included anything which you could dance to although there was a lot of 70's disco music played!

We saw an Abba tribute and a Scissor Sister one (I'm struggling to think of who else I saw!) and Saturday night in Jaks they were playing 90's dance tunes!

The atmosphere is great, Burger King is open well into the early hours for the late night munchies and, as Martin said, there is no worry of getting a taxi back to your chalet! At the last break which I was on at Skeggy, they had a disco in the Magic Circle each night with the music pumped all around the Skyline meaning that people were able to dance whilst queueing up for their whopper and helping to create a great atmosphere!

Kev

debsy Guest

The magic circle kev refers to is in the skyline, which now seams the best place to go for late night partying ( excpet on a sunday were you have to rely on Jaks) I know on the 90s weekend people were dancing in the skyline until 5/6am, I am usually in my bed my then though!!

I have been on too many to remember of the adult weekends, and the only fight i have ever seen is a man and a woman and that was on the 90s weekend, the 80s and 70s are defo more laid back, as the age group of people are more mixed, as Martin says it is so unlike a night in a town, you cant explain the atmosphere it is amazing and you dont really need drink to feel giddy

The Top place to be on a friday afternoon is hotshots were the party starts and I for one cant wait to get back, it is starting to be a long long summer without my trips to the bubble ( thats the pet name for the place as when you are there you in a bubble away from the real world, were every one is friendly and gets on and you forgot the real world for a few days) xx

rialanigan Guest

thanks for this thread,its my first adult weekend in sept and was wondering what would go on in the daytime.
    i normally go with the kids so im usually found watching a charater show somewhere,so nice to know i shall still be entertained in the day without the need to do the billy walk lol.

Pushbutton Guest

This is all very interesting to know, especially as I will most probably be experiencing my first ever big weekender this October (16-19th at Minehead) as part of my Big Butlins Month!

debsy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rialanigan View Post
    thanks for this thread,its my first adult weekend in sept and was wondering what would go on in the daytime.
    i normally go with the kids so im usually found watching a charater show somewhere,so nice to know i shall still be entertained in the day without the need to do the billy walk lol.
    The afternoons are like nights, centre stage is open with a couple of acts on then something on in the skyline at 4, all the bars are open, then there is the pool, spa, bowling, pictures, and snooker hall, so plenty going on without leaving the camp, we never do, I suggust you try to have a lay in the morning as you will need it lol xx